Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring

So what do you do on a weekend morning...when it is snowing like crazy... and you just want something WARM for breakfast.  Oh wait... I haven't been to the grocery store in more than a week.  Hey!  There is a can of biscuits in my fridge.  You can make something warm and gooey without any special ingredients.

I came across this recipe one day last summer and it comes from the Stamps 4 Fun blog.  I was able to make this a  Low Sugar  recipe since it has a little bit of brown sugar blend in it.  Something about a sticky bun just says winter and this last weekend was certainly the right time.  Now I was by myself this weekend and happened to have a small can of biscuits (5 count).  So you will notice that the pics of this recipe make a small ring, but I am writing up the full recipe here, as I am sure most of you are not just cooking for yourself.


  • 2 cans of refrigerator biscuits  or  1 can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits
  • 3 Tbs. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
  • 1/2 c. sugar-free pancake syrup
  • 1/6 c. Splenda brown sugar Blend
  • 1/2 t. cinnamon










 Start by spraying a bundt pan with non-stick spray.  You will notice that I used a regular cake pan for my smaller version.  If you don't have a bundt pan, I think a regular cake pan will work fine.
Combine the melted butter and the syrup in a small bowl and set aside for the moment.
 In another small bowl, mix the brown sugar and the cinnamon.  If you like pecans or other nuts in your sticky buns, this is where you would mix them in.  You can either use them whole or chop them up, but mix them in with this brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.  Now that I am writing this up, another great add-in here would be raisins.
 Pour about half of your butter/syrup mixture into the bottom of your pan.  Sprinkle about half of the brown sugar mixture over the syrup.  Cut your biscuits into half moon shapes and lay them in the pan slightly overlapping.
NOTE: If you are using the Grands biscuits, they are very thick and have a natural split.  Split them in half horizontally before you cut them in half moon shapes.

 Top with remaining butter/syrup mixture and finally sprinkle on the last of the brown sugar/cinnamon.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
I just left mine in the pan.  But if you were having company or if you just want to impress your family, invert pan onto a serving platter.  The gooey mixture on the bottom will drip all over.
Warm and gooey... great for a snowy morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment