Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pumpkin Rolls

The day before Thanksgiving is all about baking and doing the prep work ahead so you aren't crazy on Thanksgiving day.  This year was great because I had a lot of help...my daughter, my mom and my sister.  So even the prep day wasn't crazy...we were able to just take it slow, do a little at a time and enjoy each other's company.

In order to have a little something to eat and not have to worry about "snacking" on what we were preparing for the following day, I wanted to make something pumpkin...well, you all know how I feel about pumpkin.  This recipe comes from Bloom Designs Online.  It is a  Reduced Sugar  recipe as it calls for brown sugar, so we will have to use the Splenda Blend, and it calls for powdered sugar in the glaze.

I absolutely LOVE cinnamon rolls, so I just knew that this had to be good:


  • 1 can crescent rolls
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3 T. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, melted
  • 1/4 c. Splenda Blend brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. Splenda granulated
  • 1/2 t. cinnamon
  • 1/8 t. nutmeg
  • 1/8 t. ginger
Glaze

  • 1 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 T. milk (I used 2%)
  • 1 T. melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
  • 1/4 t. cinnamon


 Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.  Next, mix together the pumpkin filling.  Add pumpkin, sugars and spices to a small mixing bowl and stir together until well incorporated.
Unroll the crescent rolls, being careful not to separate them.  I don't know about you, but I say that anything that starts with crescent rolls is going to be wonderful. Press all of the seams together into one big rectangle.  Spread the filling all over the dough.  Starting on the short end of the rectangle, carefully roll up the dough.
 Cut the roll into 8 pieces and place them in a sprayed 8" cake pan.  Bake them for 20 to 25 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly; approximately 5 minutes.
In the meantime, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze.  You can use a powdered sugar substitute here, but when you start getting into a cup or more, sometimes I find it difficult and I find that there is a little "after taste".  I decided that today was a special day and went for the real stuff.
Absolutely delicious!  Everyone really liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment