Friday, December 27, 2013

Peach Crisp

I have been doing so much baking in the last couple of weeks that I haven't had the time to get anything posted.  So you can expect quite a few new recipes coming in the next few days.
Recently I posted a recipe for peach cobbler.  Not long ago we had a potluck at my work for the holidays and my department was set to bring desserts.  The afternoon before, as I was struggling to make a decision on what to make, I was watching the Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.  She was making one of her famous crisps.  So I quickly wrote down her crisp topping recipe and took another package of peaches out of the freezer.  I was able to mix this up in no time and baked it that evening.  It was perfect for a potluck!  This is a  Low Sugar  recipe; there is some brown sugar in the recipe and the natural sugars in the fruit.

First, take a look at my peach cobbler recipe for the filling.  Remember that peach just happens to be one of my family's favorites.  You can always use any fruit or fruit combination that happens to be in season or that you might have in your freezer.  You won't have any crust, so spray your pie plate or dish and pour in your fruit filling.  I looked for the link to Ina Garten's crisp topping, but can't find one that doesn't have oatmeal.  Interesting because I wrote it down while I was watching and it came out great.  So I can't find the link, but here is what I wrote down with my little twists.

  •  1 c. flour
  • 1/3 c. Splenda
  • 1/4 c. Splenda Blend brown sugar
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 1 stick I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Add the dry ingredients to your mixing bowl and mix on slow speed.  Cut your butter stick into small pieces and add, mixing until it resembles small peas.

 Cover the top of your fruit completely with the topping mixture.  Mine was more than a thin layer by the time I got it all on.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.  This was a quick and easy preparation and perfect for the potluck.  No need to cut into pieces...just add a serving spoon and you are set to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment