Thursday, January 2, 2014

Crustless Hot Fudge Pie

I had some friends over for lunch the other day and was looking for a new and easy dessert.  I looked through some recipes that I had seen and written down; I settled on this one.  It had come across in a shared format on my FB feed.  I found it at the following link.  It took no time at all to mix up and we were able to eat it warm.


  • 1 stick I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, softened
  • 1 c. Splenda
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 3 T. cocoa powder
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1/2 c. flour
Cream butter and Splenda for 3 minutes.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix in well.  Finally add the dry ingredients and stir until combined.  (This recipe originally called for 1 t. salt.  It was just a little too salty for my taste, so above I have reduced the amount to 1/2 t.)
 It doesn't look like much batter, but is enough for this small pie.  It will make 6 regular size dessert pieces.  Spray an 8" pie plate and pour in the mixture.
 Heat oven to 335 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes.  Allow to cool for just a few minutes.  You will want to eat it warm.
I just happened to have some sugar-free ice cream in the freezer...  It was the perfect addition to make it very delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! I'm gonna try this one for sure. Carla G.

    ReplyDelete