Saturday, April 26, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies

This last weekend I had a hankerin' for some peanut butter cookies.  I found a recipe in my own cookbook and decided to give it try.  There is some brown sugar so this is a  Low Sugar  recipe.

This is a pretty simple recipe:

  • 1/2 c. Splenda
  • 1/4 c. Splenda Blend brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. shortening/butter
  • 1/2 c. peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 c. flour
  • 3/4 t. baking soda
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1/4 t. salt







 Mix the first 5 ingredients.  Beat until well combined.
 Next, add the dry ingredients.  Mix on the lowest or "stir" setting.  This will prevent the flour from going all over you and your counter.  Stop once during mixing and use a spatula to scrape down sides and combine well.
 Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 3 hours.  This is always the hard part for me.  I want to eat the dough... lucky if I have any to make cookies out of.
 Once the dough is firm, preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Roll dough into balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.  It's not necessary, but I just don't think they are peanut butter cookies if they aren't criss-crossed with a fork.  What can I say; I'm a traditionalist.
Bake for 9-10 minutes.  Cookies will be a little soft when you take them out of the oven.  Allow them to sit on the pan for just a few minutes before you remove to a cooling rack.

These are not quite as moist as a regular peanut butter cookie, but the taste is good and when you have a hankerin'... well they are just pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment